Simple but clear facts and figures from McKinsey's latest infograph Are you ready for the digital revolution:
Customer Decision Journey
The decision journey of today's empowered customers is increasingly collaborative and iterative.
Companies need to harness massive amounts of data that customers generate to effectively micro-segment customers, analyze sentiment, predict behavior, personalize offers, and cross and upsell… in real time, and across all channels.
Companies need to create and integrated multichannel experience to be in the right place at the right time with the right message, product or service.
Organizing for the future
To manage a multichannel digital ecosystem, brands need to balance centralized capabilities (core marketing & sales support) and decentralized customer experiences (at customer touchpoints).
From Scoring Points With Moms - The Secret to Engaging Moms to Try, Buy and Share @ punchtab.com:
Nearly 91% of Moms use social media regularly and spend 2x more time online than the rest of the general population. Moms rely significantly on the online recommendations of other Moms with well over half indicating their purchases were influenced by information on social media sites.
From the accompanying infograph:
From What you need to know about choosing the most effective social media platforms, an infograph made by infographics.sg:
“The Infinite Dial 2013” [.pdf], a recent study from Edison Research and Arbitron, reported that social media is still expanding its reach in multiple directions. As of 2013, approximately 62 percent of Americans have profiles on social networking sites, with Facebook maintaining its position as the market leader. Fifty-eight percent of surveyed American consumers have personal accounts on Facebook:
Facebook recently ran their Facebook Studio Awards to highlight the brands who are leveraging Facebook well and executed creative marketing campaigns - all without the use of paid advertising.
The big winner was Oreo's Daily Twist campaign. On June 25, 2012, Oreo launched a social media campaign that would forever change what a cookie can do: the Oreo Daily Twist. One hundred ads in 100 days turned trending news stories into visual treats.
Here are all winners in the Food & Drink category:
- Grey Poupon and Crispin Porter+Bogusky for ‘Society of Good Taste‘(Silver award)
- Frito-Lay and OMD/Energy BBDO for ‘Do Us a Flavor‘ (Silver award)
- Heineken and Droga5 for ‘No Bollocks‘(Bronze award)
- Heineken and TBWA/NEBOKO for ‘Heineken Squad numbers’ (Bronze award)
- Parmalat and The Monkeys for ‘Reverse Robberies’ (Bronze award)
- Draftfcb Oreo and Mondelēz International, ‘Daily Twist campaign’ and Company 360 campaign. (Blue Award)
Highlights from the study:
- In each country, email is the most popular channel (90%+), followed by Facebook (39% - 77%) and finally Twitter (4%-26%).
- Australia has the highest percentage of email subscription at 96% of consumers.
- Online Brazilian consumers are by far the biggest users of Facebook( 77%) and Twitter (26%).
- More than half of Australian consumers are fans (55%) as opposed to less than half in the UK (45%), France (43%), and Germany (39%).
- Outside of Brazil, less than 10% of online consumers are followers (7% in the UK and Germany, 6% in Australia, and 4% in France).
From Social Media Management Periodic Table @ visual.ly:
Culling tools for Twitter
Culling modifies your ratios of friends/followers or tidies up your Twitter stream. use these applications sparingly. Excessive use of these applications can possibly suspend new users to Twitter.
- Untweeps: culling dormancies.
- manageflitter: culling big time!
- tweet eraser: bulk delete history.
Scheduling tools for Twitter
- hootsuite: multiuser twitter client
- twuffer: tweet scheduling
- socialoomph: tweet scheduling.
- gremln: tweet scheduling.
-  bufferapp
Selective tweets to other social platforms
- Posterous: blog by email, and post to all profiles. A multi-channel, microblogging application. Twitter just acquired them, so keep an eye on where this goes.
- YouTube: tweets with every YT like or fav.
- linkedin: selectively post tweets to LinkedIn #in
From How to Unleash the Power of Content @ jeffbullas.com:
The opportunities [of content marketing] are global and far reaching if you can overcome the challenges.
- It positions you as an expert – Content will position you and your brand over time as a thought leader.
- Networking opportunities – Connecting online will lead to face to face meetings that will make the virtual connection real and strong.
- It has given the introvert a voice – If you feel that you are too quiet to be successful then content and a platform will provide you with an online platform and channel.
- Online asset – Content built up overtime provides opportunity to create our own online asset & IP that you own.
- Monetise your content – By packaging your content online and selling it as an online course, book on Amazon or a paid seminar content can be turned into cash.