From Thanksgiving Social Media Stats, #RLTM Scoreboard @ therealtimereport.com:
|Facebook:||1.15 billion monthly active users||via Facebook|
|YouTube||over 1 billion monthly unique users||via YouTube|
|Qzone:||599 million monthly active users||via TechCrunch|
|Sina Weibo:||over 500 million users||via The Next Web|
|Google Plus:||343 million monthly active users||via GlobalWebIndex|
|LinkedIn:||238 million active users||via LinkedIn|
|Twitter:||over 218 million monthly active users||via Twitter|
|VK:||over 200 million registered users||via VK|
|Renren:||over 170 million users||via iResearch iUser Tracker|
|Tumblr:||152 million blogs||via Tumblr|
|Instagram:||150 million users||via Instagram|
|Pinterest:||70 million users||via The Next Web|
|Foursquare:||40 million users||via CNET|
|Vine:||40 million registered users||via Vine|
- Make it emotional. Videos that elicit a strong emotional response are twice as likely to be shared.
- Be positive. Videos which provoke a strong positive response are 30% more likely to be shared than those which provoke strong negative emotions.
- Forget cute cats and celebs, focus on personal triumphs. No creative device drives sharing more than any other, with the exception of personal triumph. So focus on emotions, not creative devices.
- Be proud of your brand. The average branded video takes 30 seconds to reveal the brand There is no correlation between shareability and level of branding.
- Don’t over invest in content and under invest in distribution. No matter how shareable a video is, a larger viewer base delivers more sharing. A video that is seen by few cannot be shared by many.
- Exhilarate your viewers. Strong positive emotions get your video shared AND remembered. Exhilaration is the most successful trigger with 65% recall.
- Reach light buyers to grow market share. Quality reach is key. To build market share, reach light & medium buyers outside of your owned channels.
- Facebook Photo Ad Sizes and Dimensions
- Facebook Video Ad Sizes and Dimensions
- Facebook Link Ad Sizes and Dimensions
- Facebook Desktop Ad Placement
- Facebook Mobile Ad Placement
From Pinterest Drives More Traffic to Publishers Than Twitter @ statista.com:
When it comes to referral traffic from social networks, it is no surprise that Facebook is the undisputed no. 1. According to Shareaholics, 10% of the traffic on websites from 200,000 publishers comes from the world's largest social network.
Shareaholic just released a new Social Media Traffic Report that looks at 13 months of activity from more than 200,000 publishers.
When it comes to sending traffic to your site:
- Facebook and Twitter were in the top three for growth, but Facebook knocks Twitter flat on the 13-month average.
- Pinterest rises up from a clever idea to claim the number two referral spot and the number one slot for overall growth.
- StumbleUpon and Reddit 's impact on referral traffic is not exactly growing - probably because these sites represent "old school bookmarking".
- YouTube and LinkedIn also showed some amazing growth this year but they’ve got a long way to go before they can compete with the big boys.
- Google+ sees only 6.97% growth and a dismal .06% 13-month average. According to Shareaholic Google+ should be the last priority for marketers.
Below is just one of the facts in Social Media Infographics 2013:
The short version - total users per platform, globally:
- Facebook - 1.15 Billion
- Twitter - 500M
- Google Plus - 500M
- LinkedIn - 238M
- Instagram - 130M
- Pinterest - 70M
From Dan Zarrella - The Social Media Marketing Book @ slideshare.net:
- Measure ROI as best you can; actual sales amounts or closed leads are best.
- Focus on engagement metrics over pure eyeball metrics.
- Don’t forget to measure your performance on external social sites.
- Set achievable goals, and know how you’re going to measure your progress.
- Select an easy-to-use web analytics package.
Zarrella has put his 2009 book (241 pages!) as a free download on Slideshare.
From The Facts Behind Google Author Rank & Authorship [Infographic] @ internetmarketinginc.com:
With the birth of G+ came Google Authorship - a way authors with content on the web could verify their identities.
Google Authorship is a way for Google to display in the search results who the author of the content on a specific page is.
It establishes a connection between the author and their work in search results.
3 tips to rank high as an author:
- Post Relevant Content. Regularly post quality content on G+ that is both relevant to your target audience and that people want to share.
- Interact. The more people you interact with in your Google+ Circles and Communities, the more authority you will have as a author.
- Guest Post. Writing and publishing articles on credible sites will help reach a broader audience and incease awareness.
"The Big Bang Theory" and "NCIS" are among the most-watched shows on television, with upward of 20 million viewers each. But in Nielsen's new ranking of programs with the greatest reach on Twitter, they aren't even in the top 10.