Some of the highlights from this report:
The Auto industry - especially BMW, Ferrari and Mercedes Benz - is the most engaging industry on Facebook (0.207%) with the biggest quarterly fan growth (up to 62%!). “What Makes Car Brands So Cool In Social Media sums up the brands’ efforts to create appealing visuals, engage local communities and launch effective posting strategies with a huge impact on the overall Facebook success.
Alcohol brands (like Heineken and Jack Daniel's) have also been investing a great amount of energy into social marketing and innovative ways of communicating their products online in the last quarter. Heineken is the industry leader with more than 6M Fans and a growth of 23% each quarter. Bacardi rum has been growing even faster and celebrating 150 years of “Mixing up the party” this year.
More where this came from: Global Report [.png]
Today, the number of networked devices is equal to the global population.
By 2015, the number of networked devices will be twice the global population.
In 2015, it would take you 5 years to view all video crossing IP networks each second.
More in this infographic by intel:
Using a dataset of more than 11,000 pins, Hubspot's Dan Zarrella compiled a few statistics about how to get more pins and repins for your content.
The Most Pinned and most Repinned Words show exactly what the atmosphere at Pinterest is about:
More where this came from:
- [Infographic] How to Get More Pins and Repins on Pinterest @ danzarrella.com
From 2012 Facebook Advertising Report @ socialfresh.com:
More where this came from:
- The 2012 Facebook Advertising Report [INFOGRAPHIC] @ socialfresh.com
- Download the 2012 Facebook Advertising Report @ kajabi.com
Highlights from the study:
- 38% of online shoppers take action in Engaged Sharing (e.g. recommendation, Facebook share);
- 56% of online shoppers participate in Light Sharing (low friction sharing, e.g. Facebook Like)
- 62% of online shoppers have read product related comments from their friends on Facebook.
- 75% of shoppers who read social sharing comments have clicked on the product link in their friends’ Facebook posts, taking them to the product page on a retailer’s website.
- 53% of the shoppers who have clicked through to the retailer’s site have made a purchase.
- 81% of consumers who purchase products they learn about through social sharing are valuable social sharers themselves, thus creating a cycle of sharing and buying.
Social proofing is the activity of showing friends activities on a website is a powerful motivator for buying.
From the Sociable Labs study:
- 32% of visitors are more likely to stay and shop on a site that shows activities of shoppers who have purchased there, even when those shoppers are not their friends.
- 62% of visitors do so when the shared activities include the shopping behavior of the visitor’s friends
- 57% of shoppers are more likely to purchase on a site that shows their friends who have purchased on that site.
- 5 Reasons Why Facebook Drives Consumer Buying – Infographic @ jeffbullas.com
- Download "Social Impact Study" @ sociablelabs.com