It's that time of the year again. Author and speaker Gini Dietrich (@ginidietrich on Twitter) has summed up her 8 communication/marketing/social media trends for next year:
- Content, content, content: all companies should become media companies, in that the content they provide is valuable, consistent, and non-salesy.
- FTC [U.S. Federal Trade Commission] rulings, e.g. disclosure on blogs, paid reviews, ethics and how we approach traditional journalists and bloggers.
- Net neutrality: if Google and Verizon are successful, the Internet will become a paid model, just like cable television.
- Customer engagement: engage them as human beings and not as people who you think want to be sold
- Social commerce
- Group buying e.g. Groupon
- Q&A sites e.g. JustAnswer
- Mobile: watch for movement toward mobile payments