From [Infographic] Linkedin by the Numbers: 22 Amazing Linkedin Stats @ blog.wishpond.com:
Did you know that there are 1.5 million groups on Linkedin?
That’s 1.5 million different business niches represented among the 238 million Linkedin Users. That gives any B2B marketer a great opportunity to find and market to their target market on Linkedin.
Click on the thumbnail for the full infograph:
From The State of Social Sharing in 2013 (Infographic) @ wired.com:
- The top 8 of sharing platforms and apps is Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Tumblr and Instagram.
- The best way to "go viral" is to engage millions of users, each of them sharing through small networks.
- In general, social networks are made up of curators and creators, as 46% of adult internet users share content created by themselves, while 41% take photos or videos that they have found online and repost them. Of course, there are also those who do both curating and creating.
- Social media sharing became the second most important factor in search engine rankings, surpassed only by strong content
- 86% of people say they are bothered by the need to create new accounts on websites
- 77% responded that social login is "a good solution that should be offered by any site"
From A faberNovel Study: LinkedIn, the Serious Network.:
- 225 Million profiles
2 New users every second
2.1 Million groups
1.9 Million Richard Branson subscribers
10 Years after launching, LinkedIn continues to drive home the necessity of cultivating your online professional network. Offering so much more than just a CV library for recent college grads, LinkedIn's online sourcing and recruitment solutions offer innovative tools to improve personal branding. In short, LinkedIn is disrupting the professional world's hierarchies.
From LinkedIn Usage by Country, July 2013 by Link Humans @ slideshare.net
LinkedIn Users in Europe:
- UK 13 million
- France 5.8 million
- Italy 5.5 million
- Spain 5 million
- Belgium 1.6 million
- Germany 2.5 million
- Netherland 4.3 million
- Turkey 2.4 million
- Russia 1.5 million
- Sweden 1.4 million
An infographic by TopWebDesignSchools highlights some of the key research from in the Social Media Examiner annual report.
The top 5 social media platforms used by the companies in the survey are:
- Facebook – 92%
- Twitter – 80%
- LinkedIn – 70%
- Blogging – 58%
- Google+ – 42%
The next focus is clearly on YouTube:
LinkedIn Products: Class of 2012 takes a look back at a year of new products and enhancements on LinkedIn. For example: new designs for profiles, the homepage, LinkedIn Today, and company pages; more language options, better "people you may know" recommendations; and the launch of influencers, endorsements, mobile phone and iPad interfaces.
Earlier this week LinkedIn released a SlideShare presentation highlighting the best company pages of 2012 and offering some tips on making your company or client’s page better.
LinkedIn's adds 4 tips for a successful Linkedin Company page:
- Add an image that welcomes visitors to your page and showcases your brand.
- Post status updates to start a conversation with your target audience.
- Add your products or services so your target audience can learn about what you have to offer. And don’t forget to gather recommendations to bring your products and services to life.
- Feature relevant groups to attract a broader audience and extend your reach.
More tips from Hubspot:
Visuals are crucial, of course–these pages look great. Our advice: take some nice personalized pics to show visitors what your brand is all about.
- Brands MUST make regular updates—here’s a nice guide to getting started. While we’ve yet to hear of an option allowing you to automate your status updates to coincide with posts on your company blog, we have no doubt that this option is coming.
- Add “brands and services” to help visitors understand exactly what you’re selling.
- Feature relevant groups on your page to expand your audience.
- Use the “targeted audience” option to help you make sure your updates are reaching the right people.
- Check out the Company Buzz app to find out what people are saying about your company.
Go-Globe.com's Infographic "Social Media Statistics and Facts 2012" covers statistics and facts of all major social media platform including - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Youtube and blogging.
Some interesting facts:
- 350 million plus users suffer from “Facebook addiction syndrome”
- If Twitter was a country it would be the 12th largest in the world
- LinkedIn signs up 2 new members every second
- The average visitor spends 15 minutes a day on YouTube
- Three million new blogs come online every month
- 97% of the fans on Pinterest’s Facebook page are women
- 5 million images are uploaded to Instagram every day
- The Google +1 button is used 5 billion times every day