From Scoring Points With Moms - The Secret to Engaging Moms to Try, Buy and Share @ punchtab.com:
Nearly 91% of Moms use social media regularly and spend 2x more time online than the rest of the general population. Moms rely significantly on the online recommendations of other Moms with well over half indicating their purchases were influenced by information on social media sites.
From the accompanying infograph:
From Social Media Management Periodic Table @ visual.ly:
Culling tools for Twitter
Culling modifies your ratios of friends/followers or tidies up your Twitter stream. use these applications sparingly. Excessive use of these applications can possibly suspend new users to Twitter.
- Untweeps: culling dormancies.
- manageflitter: culling big time!
- tweet eraser: bulk delete history.
Scheduling tools for Twitter
- hootsuite: multiuser twitter client
- twuffer: tweet scheduling
- socialoomph: tweet scheduling.
- gremln: tweet scheduling.
-  bufferapp
Selective tweets to other social platforms
- Posterous: blog by email, and post to all profiles. A multi-channel, microblogging application. Twitter just acquired them, so keep an eye on where this goes.
- YouTube: tweets with every YT like or fav.
- linkedin: selectively post tweets to LinkedIn #in
From Introducing #Vine - How to use the newest mobile video trend to your brand's advantage @ careworkstech:
Vine is a mobile app that lets you create and share short looping videos. Think Instagram but with video.
Vine was acquired by Twitter and released in January 2013. Both companies share similar values and goals and believe constraint inspires creativity. Much like Twitter's 140 character tweet limit, Vine has a six-second long video limit.
From the accompanying infographic:
Check out the one-page social media cheat sheet, focussing on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Make sure to check out the interactive version, too.
From Infographic: Twitter The Fastest Growing Social Platform @ globalwebindex.net:
Twitter is now the fastest growing social platform incresing 40% between Q2 and Q4 2012. This means there are now 485m account holders and 288m active users.
Key highlights from this presentation:
- Twitter is key for all forms of online marketing and communications.
- Take the time to fill out your profiles.
- Tell people Why they should follow you.
- Don’t rely on conversation to build reach.
- Share interesting links to build reach.
- It is difficult to over tweet.
- Stop talking about yourself.
- Don’t be a Debbie Downer.
- For more clicks, tweet slower.
- Experiment with longer tweets.
- Try putting your Links 25% of the way into tweets.
- Action words get more clicks.
- For more clicks: tweet later in the day and week.
- Experiment with Friday afternoons for more retweets.
- Try words like “you,” free” and “new.”
- Don’t be boring.
- Links get retweeted.
- Headlines are as important as bodies.
- Don’t forget Social calls-to-action.
- Tweet news or say things in a new way.
From Content Is King, And Tweets Help Google Index It Faster [INFOGRAPHIC] @ mediabistro.com:
- Bing uses Facebook Likes as a ranking signal for logged in users.
- Google says it is working on using +1 as a ranking signal.
- Tweets help Google index content faster.