Social analytics company PageLever came out with a study last month that proves how content posted on your Facebook Page has to fight its way to its Fans' NewsFeeds.
Some data from the report:
- Spend energy on newsfeed content rather than custom tabs. As a page grows from 10,000 to one million fans, pageviews drop 12x faster than impressions.
- Post at least once a day to get more unique impressions per fan.
- The larger you get, the more Facebook promotes your page in NewsFeeds. Facebook ranks Pages with more fans higher in the search results, and features them more often in "Suggestions".
- How we measured that most pages reach only 3%-7.5% of their fans - PageLever
- SHOCKER: 3% To 7.5% Of Fans See Your Page’s Posts - AllFacebook
- Popular Facebook Pages Have Fewer Unique Page Views Per Fan, Most Engagement is in the News Feed - InsideFacebook
- Report: Only 3% to 7.5% of Fans View Posts From A Facebook Page - SearchEngineLand
- New Study: Only 7.5 Percent of Fans See Your Facebook Page Posts - Marketing Pilgrim