LinkedIn is the largest business-related social networking site.
Although it can boast an impressive amount of users in each country, the visitor numbers are still relatively low. Note, however, the exceptionally high reach in the Netherlands:
- Members: 1M (Belgium), 2M (Netherlands), 2M (France), 135M (global)
- Unique visitors: 1.8M (Belgium), 8.2M (Netherlands), 5.6M (France), 250M (global)
- Page views: 23M (Belgium), 130M (Netherlands), 60M (France), 3B (global)
- Reach 8.9% (Belgium), 21% (Netherlands), 4,6% (France), 5.0% (global)
- Avg time on site: 7:20 (Belgium), 8:00 (Netherlands), 7:20 (France), 8:50 (global)
(Source: Google Ad Planner, infographiclabs)
What can you do with LinkedIn?
From How Linkedin works, an infographic by infographiclabs:
- Establish your professional profile: career info, position, experience, skills. Tip: Custom public profile URLs are changeable on a first come, first served basis.
- Find experts and ideas and resolve a unique business challenge. Tip: You can also discover which skills you'll need to succeed.
- Stay in touch with colleagues and friends.
- Explore opportunities e.g. by seeing detailed statistical information on the companies' business page, or by following interesting companies' hiring info.